Thursday, December 10, 2009

Introduction

I am not much of a blogger--or a writer for that matter--but I wanted to document my trip to maybe try and help fellow travelers planning on visiting Nicaragua. Our trip's span is between Dec 13, 2009 and Jan 13, 2009

About Me:

My name is Anna Lopez. I am 24 years old. I'm from Chicago, IL, USA. I know Spanish pretty well, I am first generation American, both of my parents are from San Luis Potosi, Mexico. I work at a motorcycle/Vespa shop called Motoworks Chicago. My boss loves to travel on his bike and I have to admit the pictures and stories he brings back always make me a little jealous. Motoworks is where I found my travel partner, the lovely Ms. Holly Huff. Hard times--Winter--hit Motoworks and she was laid off. She decided she wanted to leave the country, and well I have been wanting to for sometimes as well. I asked my boss for some time off and he happily gave it to me.

Why Nica:

Who knows, really... But I haven't regretted it yet. Ultimately maybe its because it was Central America and it was a lot warmer than Chicago. Holly and I both knew we wanted to see C.Am. and she had already spent a week in Costa Rica. Honduras was going through some political things. At $360 (US) the roundtrip flight was irresitable.

Where:

Holly and I didnt really setup an itinerary.

How:

Our going away party funded a good amount of the hostels where we will stay. other than that we are on an optimistic budget of $1,500(US) per person with the ability to go over that.

No comments:

Post a Comment